How do we PreventT2?
Prevent Diabetes Northwest Iowa / Prevent T2 will meet this summer in Orange City beginning Thursday, August 30 at 5:00 pm.
Guided by trained lifestyle coaches, participants will learn the skills they need to make lifelong changes.
• to eat healthy
• to add physical activity to their routine
• to manage stress
• to stay motivated
• to solve problems that can get in the way of healthy changes
PreventT2 groups meet for a year — weekly for the first 6 months, then once a month for the second 6 months to maintain healthy lifestyle changes.
The local program will meet at the Orange City Area Health System Downtown Campus from 5-6 pm, on Thursday nights beginning August 30, and costs $175.00 with the potential to earn back $75.00 based on group attendance.
The program is offered by Community Health Partners, Hawarden Regional Healthcare, Hegg Health Center, Orange City Area Health System and Sioux Center Health.
PreventT2 is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). To participate in the PreventT2 program, call 712.737.2971 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for registration form.
People are more likely to have prediabetes and type 2 diabetes if they:
• Are 45 years of age or older
• Are overweight
• Have a family history of type 2 diabetes
• Are physically active fewer than three times per week OR
• Have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes during pregnancy or gave birth to a baby weighing more than 9 pounds