Beginning today, CHP will use the Iowa Department of Public Health’s counts and reporting timeframes for Sioux County positive COVID-19 cases. Please continue to check the coronavirus.iowa.gov website and dashboard for the latest data published by the Iowa Department of Public Health.
Sioux County Positive Covid-19 Case Count (source: https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/case-counts)
Today – 103
Yesterday – 100
As restrictions on activities are lifted please remember if you 65 or older or have underlying health conditions that place you at increased risk for contracting COVID-19 continue to stay at home as much as possible and leave only for essential services.
People may have no symptoms and still test positive, so it is important to continue to follow the social distancing guidelines:
- Stay home if you or anyone in your home has any symptoms of illness
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from others
- Clean your hands often
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Wear a cloth facemask if you are out in public and cannot maintain a 6 foot distance from others.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please stay home and contact your health care provider for guidance:
- Muscle aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Abdominal pain
For more COVID-19 prevention information including case counts in Iowa see: https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/#prevention