August 27, 2020
Sioux County Board of Health Position Statement
As our local schools open and fall activities begin, the Sioux County Board of Health asks that everyone in Sioux County take an active role in reducing the spread of Covid-19 in our community.
Based on guidance and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), the Sioux County Board of Health recommends that individuals and visitors in Sioux County:
- Wear a cloth face covering in public and when around people who do not live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. Face coverings should cover your nose and mouth. Masks should not be worn by children under the age of 2 or by anyone who has trouble breathing or would be unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- Distance yourself at least 6 feet apart from others, when possible. Covid-19 spreads most often among people who are in close contact.
- Stay home when you are ill.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Consider your level of risk before attending group activities.
Sioux County Board of Health
Dr. Lee Kamstra, Chairperson
Jeanene Kuiper, Vice Chairperson