Now is the time for all of us to do our part to stop the spread of COVID 19. This is important to protect the health of vulnerable populations and support the efforts of our health care systems.
If you have any signs of illness, even if your symptoms are mild, stay home! Anyone who becomes ill should stay home until:
- It has been 7 days from the start of symptoms
- and they have been fever free for 3 days with no medications
- and the symptoms have improved
If you become ill, anyone in your household needs to self-isolate for 14 days to monitor for symptoms. Family members and others who live with you may remain in your home, but you should stay in a specific room away from them and use a separate bathroom (if available).
If your illness requires medical treatment due to more severe symptoms, call your doctor.
Anyone who has recently taken a trip out of Iowa needs to self-isolate for 14 days when they return to Iowa.
- Stay home – do not go to work, to someone else’s house or to any public places (like grocery store, post office, etc.)
- Family members who remain healthy can go about their daily activities at home as normal
- Monitor yourself for symptoms of illness (such as cough, fever, body aches, fatigue, etc.)
- Wash your hands with soap and water often and frequently clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces in your home (doorknobs, light switches, cupboard/drawer handles, fridge/stove/microwave handles, sink handles, etc.)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Notify your workplace that you cannot go to work until you have completed your 14 days of self-isolation
- Postpone all non-essential medical appointments until you have completed your 14 days of self-isolation
It is also critical that we ALL practice social distancing to stop the spread of illness:
- Stay home. Limit outings to essential trips for groceries, medication or necessary medical appointments.
- Limit grocery shopping to once a week. Have one member of the family purchase groceries.
- Spend time with your immediate household. Avoid gatherings with other households, friends or extended family.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet when in public spaces or at work.
- Work from home if you are able.
- Wash your hands often.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
Do your part to support your community and protect those around you. Thank you for making good choices that can positively impact all individuals in Sioux County.
For more COVID-19 prevention information including case counts in Iowa see: https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/#prevention